Last month we received London Kaye’s new yarn bomb book and fell in love with all of it. We decided to practice on our concrete wall for a Halloween Yarn Bomb. Here are the lessons we learned:
- I know this may shock you, but when yarn gets wet it gets really heavy
- Industrial strength Velcro says it holds 10 lbs, but I guess it doesn’t hold that weight of wet yarn
- When wet yarn falls on the ground outside, it may or may not get peed on by an animal
- When cleaning up yarn from outside, don’t stick it in the bathroom sink and forget about it.
- Take great pictures because yarn gets so yucky when it’s outside.
I also found a Pinterest craft that involved ping pong balls and googly eyes to make a cute wreath. Just so you know, glue dots that say they are removable apparently remove themselves, and hot glue makes a ping pong ball pop.
While the wreath is adorable, this is what happens every day:
Practice makes perfect, as you all know! We learned a lot from our eyeballs, and we are hooked on crochet yarn bombing. (Watch out Davidson, we have plans.)
ps – today is my wedding anniversary. If you want to see a picture of us scroll down, you won’t want to miss it. 😉