Choosing to spend your money on company’s that share your values is one way you can make a difference. We truly appreciate it when you support Hearts On Fiber and want you to know about our values, mission, and goals.
Hearts On Fiber is committed to inspiring anyone interested in crafting as a creative outlet. We want to encourage creativity by providing a space to purchase and research all kinds of crafts. We envision a place that feels like home, a place where you can craft, and a place to be encouraged and supported in any kind of art you choose.
Our vision and goal are to be a leader in the crafting world and to encourage crafters of all levels and backgrounds, to support local and quality craft supply makers, to provide a wealth of knowledge to customers, and to provide a sustainable, rewarding, and fun work environment. We make a conscious effort to support and work with companies that make social accountability and environmental sustainability a top priority in their company. We aim to support the local and regional economy whenever possible.
Social and Environmental Policies
We strive to:
- welcome all regardless of race, gender and gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, ability, size, or age
- host a free, community craft time once a week
- use, in our shipping
- plant-derived/compostable tapes and adhesives;
- low-impact, water-based inks;
- and recycled, recyclable, and compostable packaging made in the USA
- use earth-friendly cleaning supplies, recycled paper products, reusable (vs. disposable) cleaning tools in our daily operations
- donate usable scraps to local, non-profit organizations
- recycle cardboard, glass, plastic, aluminum, batteries, light bulbs, and electronics
- reuse or recycle packaging from received goods whenever possible
- stock products with an emphasis on sustainability, eco- and/or socially conscious missions
Anti-Racism Action Plan
We believe Black Lives Matter.
We believe we have a role to play to dismantle white supremacy and the systems that perpetuate it to help create the equitable world we want to live in and are committed to the following actions and principals:
- Employ a racially diverse staff as we grow.
- Highlight makers of color in our social media and on our blog.
- Actively seek out and stock products from BIPOC-owned businesses and designers
- Strive to have 15% to 20% of our retail products, BIPOC-owned companies.
- Create a work environment that encourages diversity and is inclusive.
- Ensure the values of the companies we carry align with ours.
- Educate ourselves and support our staff in anti-racism education and action.
- We have created an anti-racism library that is available to staff.
- Hold our customers to these same standards. We will not tolerate any racist comments/remarks/actions when shopping in our store or online in comments.
To support our antiracist mission, we would like to offer free two months of racial education through Brownicity. If you are interested, please enter your email address below. We will draw two names each month. You only have to enter once.